As the Manager of Support for AMER/APAC, you will serve as the manager of the Americas and APAC Support Teams. You will lead a team of Support Engineers around the globe who are responsible for providing timely and effective support for our customers resolving a wide variety of complex issues.
We believe helping customers be successful is not just a job, but a calling. Our model is unconventional: We do not frustrate our customers or our engineers with scripts that must be parroted and “tiers” that must be escalated through to find someone who can solve an issue. We spend most of our time solving issues that go far beyond simple “break/fix” support or documentation lookup. Our goal is to provide the very best support experience across any industry, and we achieve that by hiring and empowering the very best in the world.
We are a “virtual” team, distributed globally, telecommuting via the Internet. We make heavy use of email, Slack, the web, ssh, and similar “remote” technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal.
Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however, we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Ensure the attainment of Support SLAs are achieved with high customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership to support engineers of AMER and APAC
- Coordinate coverage amongst support engineers for AMER/APAC regions
- Provide director of global support with regular status updates of any problems or potential customer issues
- Assist with hiring, perform annual reviews, cultivate talent
- Update/create standard operating procedures (SOP), as needed
- Train new hires and coach/guide experienced support engineers
- Assist with customer escalations (via phone, email, Zoom, etc.)
- Provide hands-on support to customers when needed
- Work with our customer success and engineering teams as needed to help resolve customer issues
- Help improve practices, efficiency, and common methodologies for global support team
- Ability to be on-call as needed to guarantee customer SLAs and escalations
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings