To further mature the finance operations in line with economic growth, expanding international offices and creating readiness for the next fundraising round, THEO Technologies has opened up a position of VP Finance.
The candidate THEO Technologies is looking for provides hands-on finance leadership: staying close to THEO’s business operations, rolling-up the sleeves putting mature financial planning, debt financing, quality controls and automation in place. Be a subject matter expert in analyzing and interpreting financial data and forecasting. The ideal candidate has previous experience in raising capital and financing growth.
This position reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), collaborates closely with the CEO on strategic matters and has exposure to the Board of Directors and future investors and financial institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate line-of-business financial planning and budget management;
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance;
- Monitor and analyze monthly OPEX against budget and drive continuous improvements;
- Take process ownership and oversee daily operations of finance and accounting;
- Manage preparation of financial reporting and forecasts (incl. board meetings);
- Coordinate financial audits, provide and act on procedural recommendations;
- Scan for funding sources & grants, support in the application process and follow-through;
- Optimize portfolio of insurance policies and risk analysis amidst expanding operations;
- Support the setup and expansion of local offices (US, APAC, EU) and their operations;
- Keep oversight and consolidate financial reporting;
- Optimize international fiscal setup, taxation, and transfer pricing;
- Organize due diligence, funding, and potentially integrations of acquisition targets;
- Support in Series B fundraising, organize due diligence, be first point of contact to investors.