What are we looking for?
As a Test Automation Engineer you’ll be responsible for being involved in and contributing directly to test web applications using automation. You will be tasked with the important mission of improving the quality of our platform. You’ll be involved in creating test plans, reviewing requirements and executing tests. Documentation of the possible defects you’ll find is key. You’ll be part of the scrum team providing the software engineers with diagnostics and analysis of the defects.
What you will do
- Planning, executing and enhancing test automation infrastructure involving functional and load tests
- Design and develop test automation scripts using Java, Appium and TestNG on a Page Object Model(POM) based Framework
- Able to code and deploy functional automation scripts with minimal supervision
- Pick up manual test cases from completed sprints and convert them to functional automated scripts on continual basis
- Find more efficient ways to design, develop, maintain and execute functional automation
- Write custom x-paths and generate reliable web-element identifiers for Appium API
- Update and maintain traceability matrices to ensure test coverage
- Capture and communicate the results of testing accurately and clearly
- Provide accurate report of test progress and follow up with development team on defects and may participate in root cause analysis discussions for all defects
- Pro-actively follow up on issues and escalations and provide suggestions for possible resolutions