This position will be focused on leading engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the MariaDB SkySQL service with a strong focus on AWS while also supporting Azure and GCP. This position will require excellent technical architecture and project management skills in addition to hands on development work. We will look to you for innovative ideas to boost performance, reliability, and security of our database products in public cloud deployments.
MariaDB is a globally distributed company, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve on-call work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, QA and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast paced environment
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services
- Design and build net-new production grade environments for advanced transactional and analytical workloads
- Plan, lead, and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation
- Lead and mentor junior team members
CA, OH, TX or remote