The business development team at MariaDB is responsible for producing new opportunities for the sales pipeline. We’re looking for ambitious, high-energy candidates who are excited about joining our growing team to revolutionize the way that data is stored and accessed.
The sales development role at MariaDB is a unique opportunity because:
- You will have more closing responsibility than most BDR’s, including developing early-stage pipeline and closing e-commerce transactions.
- The product is proven and widely distributed. There are millions of community users and major customers such as Walgreens, Samsung, and ServiceNow.
- There is a targeted focus in training BDRs for career advancement and a proven track record of promoting team members. As a fast-growing company, there is an enormous opportunity for personal career growth.
- Territories are large and you are empowered to make strategic decisions on how to develop your territory.
- Follow up with inbound marketing qualified leads via email, phone, and social media
- Develop a pipeline of early-stage opportunities to transition into a qualified buying cycle
- Drive sales via e-commerce for our cloud database product
- Work with Account Executives to develop a territory plan and strategy
- Develop your territory by building lists of accounts & leads and doing outbound outreach via phone, email, and social media
- Collaborate with marketing on reviewing campaign performance and identifying best practices
- Promote, attend, and follow up with leads from roadshows, trade shows, and the annual MariaDB OpenWorks conference
- Promote MariaDB webinars, products, and events via social media, e.g. LinkedIn & Twitter
- Respond to inquiries from our sales phone line and website instant message chats
- Record and manage daily work in tools such as Salesforce and Salesloft